NTBN
Create an account or log in to see Download and Progress section.
NTBN
Create an account or log in to see Download and Progress section.
NTBN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NTBN

The official NTBN forums

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Enjoy your stay in the NTBN forum!

Coding Tutorials and Basics

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Reaper

Coding Tutorials and Basics Empty
PostSubject: Coding Tutorials and Basics   Coding Tutorials and Basics EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 11:51 pm

here!

Quote :
So what is coding?
A: It is the modification in the .dat files of the original lf2 chars/attacks/objects to create your own chars.

Quote :
How to do it?
A: As you might have noticed, in loading, the LF2 game loads xyz.dat files, these files can be opened up in softwares like "LF2 DATA CHANGER", you can get it here.

Quote :
Okay I opened that weird lf2 data-whatever thing and opened up a .dat file, now what?
A: Now you must be seeing something like this, i have explained it for you:

Beginn of the Bitmap_Part.
name: ... Here you set the name of the character. If there's a space in the name you have to use "_".
head: ... Here the picture for the character selection menu is noted - normally it should have the size 120 x 120 pixel.
small: ... That's the picture next to the status-bar; Format: 40 x 45 pixel.
file(#-#): Only "file" is important to note a picture - the numbers coming after it are just so that you have a better orientation, but they can also be deleted. The computer gets the number of pictures out of the product from "row" and "col", then he numberate them row by row from the left to the right site - starting at zero.
The knowledge about the irrelevanz of the "file"-numbers is important if you use state: 8000 - there you eventually have to waste some numbers to make the transforming work.
sprite\... This is where the place of the pictures - starting at the folder with the LF2.EXE-file - and the name is saved. Make sure it's the right format - it have to be Bitmap!
w: ...
h: ... Every images have several pictures in - so you also have to set the width and the height of them. Normally, it's a square, all sites are 79 pixels long (at characters). The 80th point is empty, so you get a grid between the single pictures. You can see this at template.
Microsoft Paint start at (0/0) with the coordinates, that's the reason why the fist grip point is at (79/79). It's easier if you use the selection-tool and mark the area of the single picture - as long as you don't let loose the mouse you can see the width and the height of the selected area in a small window ate the right lower rim of the program.
row: ...
col: ... Now the computer have to numberate the pictures. In "row" it's noted how many pictures are in one row, in "col" how many pictures are in one column.
walking_frame_rate ...
Here it's saved how long one picture is shown while walking - independent from "wait:" in the "walking_frames". Normally, "wait" and "walking_frame_rate" should be the same to avoid graphic-errors in time-retarder mode.
walking_speed ...
walking_speedz ... In "walking"-Frames 5 and following, state: 1 activate the pixel-speed per TU noted here. The zeros are irrelevant and can be deleted.
running_frame_rate ...
running_speed ...
running_speedz ... Almost the same as above, just with state: 2 and for Frame 9 and following.
heavy_walking_speed ...
heavy_walking_speedz ...
heavy_running_speed ...
heavy_running_speedz ... Here the pixel-speed for "walking" in Frame 12 and following with state: 1 and the speed for "running" in Frame 16 and following with state: 2 is noted.
jump_height ...
Here a negative Jump-Height is noted, but sure the gravity make bring the character back to earth. To the right site you see some values and the height in pixels. It's used in Frames 210 and following.

jump_distance ... In case the character jumps during walking he moves forward with this speed in every TU.

jump_distancez ... here you can note the speed on Z-Axis.
dash_height ...
dash_distance ...
dash_distancez ... This is in case you jump during running, the rest is like "Jump". It's used in Frames 213 and following.
rowing_height ...
rowing_distance ... Speed when you PRESS DEFEND WHILE RUNNING"
End of Bitmap-Part.

Quote :
uhhh.. umm.. okay, next?
A: Seriously? You are serious to read more after this much crap?
GOSH!
Okay, looks like we are gonna have some nice coders Wink, I can't write more so, >>click<<.

Few..
Back to top Go down
2Pac'
Special Jonin
2Pac'

PostSubject: Re: Coding Tutorials and Basics   Coding Tutorials and Basics EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 12:11 am

lolz, aint no one interested in coding? Razz
Back to top Go down
https://ntbn.rpg-board.net
The Rhino 'o Freak
NTBN Coder
The Rhino 'o Freak

PostSubject: Re: Coding Tutorials and Basics   Coding Tutorials and Basics EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 8:12 pm

Now people will be interested, i guess! Razz
Back to top Go down
υ Sasuke
Kori No Gakusei
Kori No Gakusei
υ Sasuke

PostSubject: Re: Coding Tutorials and Basics   Coding Tutorials and Basics EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 8:41 pm

Can u tell me how to copy 1 move to other char.
Back to top Go down
2Pac'
Special Jonin
2Pac'

PostSubject: Re: Coding Tutorials and Basics   Coding Tutorials and Basics EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 9:01 pm

askin me or him..
Back to top Go down
The Rhino 'o Freak
NTBN Coder
The Rhino 'o Freak

PostSubject: Re: Coding Tutorials and Basics   Coding Tutorials and Basics EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 9:34 pm

ofcourse me, u dnt knw hw to :p sasuke ill tell u later..
Back to top Go down
υ Sasuke
Kori No Gakusei
Kori No Gakusei
υ Sasuke

PostSubject: Re: Coding Tutorials and Basics   Coding Tutorials and Basics EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 11:08 pm

Thanks now i can copy move's
Back to top Go down
The Rhino 'o Freak
NTBN Coder
The Rhino 'o Freak

PostSubject: Re: Coding Tutorials and Basics   Coding Tutorials and Basics EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 11:17 pm

umm ur welcome!! Smile i would be a little happy if I got some +ve reps on it !
Back to top Go down
2Pac'
Special Jonin
2Pac'

PostSubject: Re: Coding Tutorials and Basics   Coding Tutorials and Basics EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 11:24 pm

dont be greedy -_-
Back to top Go down
The Rhino 'o Freak
NTBN Coder
The Rhino 'o Freak

PostSubject: Re: Coding Tutorials and Basics   Coding Tutorials and Basics EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 6:47 pm

okay
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coding Tutorials and Basics   Coding Tutorials and Basics Empty

Back to top Go down

Coding Tutorials and Basics
Page 1 of 1